Wednesday, April 9, 2008

ME

My name is Yamileth. I was born in San Jose, Costa Rica. I grew up in La Union, Cartago which was the first capital and now it is the third province in my country. My mother is homemaker. She is a widow. My father died one year ago. I have been in New York when my father passed away. I talked with him three days before he has gone to the hospital to get some phisical exams, because he was diabetic. Five days later, my family called me and gave me the bad news. Sometimes, I want talk with him and remember it is not possible. I miss him. I have a bother, who is eight years older than I. He is married and has two children a son,16, and a daughter,8.
I attended elementary school and high school in my hometown. I graduated in Architecture four years ago. A year later, I came to U.S., so I do not have enough experience in my major because I worked only five months in an architecture office. I have been in United States for two years and eight months. I lived in New York for two and half years,and have started study English there. I attended American Language Communitation Center for two years and five months.
Last year, I decided to move to Seattle because my friend advased me to come here to learn more, practice and improve my English skills. I have a lot of problems with my listening, pronunciation and writing. Of course, I understand 70% more than I've started, but it is not enough.
In the future, I do not have a clear idea what I want to do, but if I can to stay in the U.S. I would like to study Sign Language or Interior Desing.If not, I might go to Chile to get my master degree, or go to Brazil and learn a little Portuguese.
Definitively, I think, I will be ready to go back home.

2 comments:

Zenly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zenly said...

Hi !
I'm Zen
It's nice to know you, and so sad to know the distubing new from you, I've never imagined that happened to a person like you who seem very joyful in class. It's hurt inside when we lost someone and even more more painful when we want to meet them. However, to live is to die isn't that our destiny, he reach his goal, so we should be peaceful for him. I believe that he must be happy when seeing you in happyness. Let make him proud of you by being successful one.